The warden camp: be warden for a week
Did you ever wonder if you would like to become a state game warden, federal wildlife agent, marine patrol officer, or environmental police officer? Come to Unity College, the home of the Unity College Conservation Law Enforcement program, and learn from real wardens and conservation officers this summer at the Warden Camp. You will have the opportunity to interact with Maine game wardens, state conservation law enforcement officers from throughout New England, and federal government employees. You’ll learn skills and participate in activities such as search and rescue, map and compass, wildlife and fisheries identification, patrol tactics and techniques, crime scene investigation, and wildlife forensics.
- July 30 – August 3, 2018
- Ages 16 – 19
- $1,200. Includes food and housing
- $850 for commuters. Recommended only for those within a 30-mile radius of Unity College. This option does not include lodging. Campers are responsible for daily transportation to and from Unity College. Unity College will not be held responsible for campers who arrive late and miss field trips or other content. During the camp hours, campers are not allowed to access their vehicles.
What will I do at the warden camp?
- Meet and work with wardens
- Learn skills like
- Wildlife Forensics
- Boating and off-road vehicle safety
- Search and rescue
- Map and compass
- Trapping and hunting
- Work in a team of other future wardens to solve crimes and master skills
Summer Camp Payment and Refund Policy
Payment is requested in full to reserve a space. $200 of the payment is a non-refundable deposit. No refunds will be given if a cancellation takes place less than one month prior to camp start date. For cancellations, please contact us. If Unity College must cancel a camp or program, participants will receive a full refund.
No individual or group will be discriminated against because of race, gender, national origin, or disability.
Transportation to the warden camp
It is the camper’s responsibility to provide transportation to and from Unity College. However, due to our high number of transnational guests, we can provide a shuttle to and from the Bangor airport for an additional $50 or the Portland airport for an additional $75.
Early Arrivals and Late Departures
Additional nights of accommodation can be added for $40 for a single room and $60 for a double room (2 single beds) per night. We also have suites that sleep up to 5 for $125 per night. Minors must be accompanied by an adult. Unity College does not provide entertainment or food for these extra days, but the town of Unity is within walking distance and has several restaurants.
Unity Warden Camp takes place at Unity College, in Unity, Maine.
Need more information? Contact us!