Explore Marine Biology at Unity College
Students passionate about the ocean and marine creatures will want to explore marine biology at Unity College. At the marine biology camp, you will learn about the algae and animals that inhabit 70% of the world’s surface, investigate our unique coral wet lab. Learn firsthand the impact of climate change on our world’s oceans and explore career options in marine biology while on campus. Marine biology camp students will visit the ocean, study marine life, learn microscope and laboratory techniques. This is an experience you will not want to miss.
What will I do at the marine biology camp this summer?
- Learn snorkeling and water skills
- Grow corals
- Journey to the coast of Maine to explore tidal pools and learn about the local marine life
- Identify microplastics from Lincolnville beach sediments
- Study the pigments of seaweeds using Thin layer chromotography
- Study decapod anatomy during a lobster bake
- Fun activities in the evenings
Dates and cost of the marine biology camp
- Dates: July 30 – August 3, 2018
- Cost: $ 1,050 Early bird registration before January 15, 2018. $1,100 After January 15, 2018. Last date to register is March 15, 2018. Registration includes food (Monday lunch through Friday lunch) and lodging (Monday night through Thursday night).
Students entering grades 7-12 in the Fall of 2017 are eligible to attend. Spaces are limited so please apply early.
Upon successful registration, you will receive an introduction packet with more information.
Summer Camp Payment and Refund Policy
Payment is requested in full to reserve a space. $200 of the payment is a non-refundable deposit. No refunds will be given if a cancellation takes place less than one month prior to camp start date. For cancellations, please contact us. If Unity College must cancel a camp or program, participants will receive a full refund.
No individual or group will be discriminated against because of race, gender, national origin, or disability.
It is the camper’s responsibility to provide transportation to and from Unity College. However, due to our high number of transnational guests, we can provide a shuttle to and from the Bangor airport for an additional $50 or the Portland airport for an additional $75.
Early Arrivals and Late Departures
Additional nights of accommodation can be added for $40 for a single room and $60 for a double room (2 single beds) per night. We also have suites that sleep up to 5 for $125 per night. Minors must be accompanied by an adult. Unity College does not provide entertainment or food for these extra days, but the town of Unity is within walking distance and has several restaurants.
We look forward to seeing you on campus this summer! Contact us if you have any questions!