Explore the natural history of the coast by foot, kayak, and ferry. We will travel to Monhegan Island exploring a unique arts community. Kayaking in hidden waterways for birding and animal sightings.
June 22 – June 24 (Friday afternoon – Sunday afternoon)
$500 Last day to register is June 1, 2018.
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
After checking in to your comfortable campus accommodations, gather with your fellow travelers for a top notch wine and hors d’oeuvres social. This will be followed by a natural history discussion and information about the next day’s activities.
Wake up to a warm hearty breakfast, before your journey to Monhegan Island. Take a relaxing ferry boat ride to the island off the coast of Maine. Monhegan Island is known for its nature beauty and quaint island shops. Explore the scenic wooded hiking trails or take a bike tour through the charming island town. Enjoy a picnic lunch and tour the shops.
Back on the mainland, tour historic Marshall Lighthouse. Then travel back to campus for a sumptuous Maine feast prepared by our award-winning dining staff.
If you are still wishing for adventure, there are many trails surrounding our campus for self-guided hiking.
Brace yourself with a warm and welcoming breakfast for a morning kayak paddle in Stonington. Kayaking is the perfect combination of exercise and relaxation surrounded by gorgeous Maine scenery.
On the way back to campus, stop for a barbeque picnic lunch, before returning rested and relaxed from your coastal adventure.
- Tour groups have been kept small, so register early.
- The Unity College dining staff is masterful when it comes to accommodating dietary restrictions, but we need to know what those are in advance of your visit.
- Adjustments to Tour itineraries may be made due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Participants must be in good health and be able to participate in various activities not limited to hiking, paddling, and wilderness navigation.
- Once you register, an email will be sent with more details about times, directions, and what to pack.
- With the exception of the Katahdin Tour and Penobscot Tour, which has one night of camping, all other tours will spend the night on campus in comfortable residence halls.
- Cancellations can be made up to one month prior to the tour, but there is a non-refundable $200 fee. If Unity College cancels for any reason, a refund will be made in full.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Transportation can be provided for an additional $50 to and from the Bangor Airport, $75 for the Portland Airport, and $25 for the Augusta Airport.
- Unity College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, national origin, age, or disability. However, please be aware that due to the nature of some activities we cannot adequately accommodate those who are not physically capable of participating.
- For groups of 10+, please contact 207-509-7121.