Explore Marine Biology at Unity College
Students passionate about the ocean and marine creatures will want to explore marine biology at Unity College. You will learn about plants and animals that inhabit 70% of the world’s surface, and will conduct hands-on experiments in our unique coral wet lab. Learn firsthand the impact of climate change on our world’s oceans and explore career options in marine biology while on campus.
Students will visit the ocean, learn microscope and laboratory techniques, and maybe even see a whale! Under the direction of Dr. Emma Perry, who is leading tardigrade research (look it up!) at Unity College, this is an experience you will not want to miss.
- Experience marine biology firsthand with whale watching off the shore Acadia national park
- Dissect crustaceans during a lobster bake
- Visit Moose Point Park
Dates and Cost
- Dates: July 16 – July 22, 2017
- Cost: $1,050 per student before May 1. After May 1 the cost is $1,100 per student. Includes food and lodging.
- Cost for Commuter Student: $450 per student
Students entering grades 9-12 in the Fall of 2017 are eligible to attend. Spaces are limited so please apply early.
Upon successful registration, you will receive an introduction packet with more information.
Summer Camp Payment and Refund Policy
Payment is requested in full to reserve a space. $200 of the payment is a non-refundable deposit. No refunds will be given one month prior to camp start date. For cancellations, please contact us.
We look forward to seeing you on campus this summer!