A Family-friendly Camp
Experience farms, food, and fun at Unity College! Are you interested in where your food comes from and how fresh food is prepared? Want to explore the Farm to Table movement?
Come spend a week with us to explore greenhouse operations, agricultural growing methods, animal management, sustainable growing/harvesting and, of course, get your hands in the dirt!
McKay Farm and Research Station Manager Chris Bond will be working with Asst. Director of Dining Services and caterer extraordinaire Jenny MacArthur to provide students with a wide range of hands-on experiences on campus and with local producers of milk, meat, veggies, fruit, cheese, fiber, and textiles. Work with current Unity College students and staff to learn food prep techniques and prepare and serve a public meal on the last day! Parents are encouraged to attend.
Use this time to explore if a career in sustainable agriculture or food service. Apply for one or more weeks of fun at Unity College.
- Bond with your family … open to ages 14-114
- Mornings will be spent at McKay helping with growing and the harvesting of crops used later for meals (gardening gloves will be provided)
- Afternoons will be spent in the kitchen learning how to prepare freshly harvested farm produce into delicious meals (your own apron)
- Field trips to local farms
- Special meal prepared by students on the last day
Dates and Costs
- Dates: July 16 – July 22, 2017
- Cost: $900 per student before May 1. After May 1 the price is $950 per student. Includes all food and lodging.
- Cost for Commuter Student : $450 per student.
For the whole family, ages 14 – 114. Spaces are limited so please apply early.
Upon successful registration, you will receive an introduction packet with more information.
Summer Camp Payment and Refund Policy
Payment is requested in full to reserve a space. $200 of the payment is a non-refundable deposit. No refunds will be given one month prior to camp start date. For cancellations, please contact us.
We look forward to seeing you on campus this summer!